WATERMAN INDUSTRIES PRIVATE LIMITED – OVERVIEW
Waterman Industries Private Limited (Waterman Pumpsets) is a privately held Indian company headquartered in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It was established in 1973 in Mumbai, Maharashtra to manufacture submersible pumps. Today, Waterman Pumpsets manufactures and exports 3000+ variants of pumps for domestic, irrigation, agriculture and industrial use.
- Products manufactured include
o Submersible pumps
o Submersible motors
o Vertical and horizontal open well submersible pumps
o Industrial pumps
o Centrifugal pumps
o Domestic pumps
o Water Pump Converters
- 150 models of pumps accredited with star ratings by BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency)
- Graded “A” by Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhaikaran and Jal Swarajya
- Follows Total Quality Management (TQM) principles
- Received NSIC-CRISIL rating of SE 2B in 2011
- Awards received include
Waterman Pumpsets is a privately held company.
Waterman Industries at-a-glance*
· Annual Turnover: ~USD 7.7 million
· Manufacturing Area: 52,000 sq. ft.
· Pump Variants: 3,000+
· Employees: 500+
· Local Dealers: 675+
· Stock Points: 14
· ISO 9001-2008 (by Germany - TUV NORD)
· Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, Govt. of India
· Third party inspection agencies like CEIL, EIL, DGS&D, PDIL, SGS, RITES, NTPC, Lloyds, etc.
· Others, such as Public Health Engineering Department, State Co-operatives, Agricultural and Rural Development Banks, Railways, Water Supply and Sewage Board, Municipalities, Zila Parishads, Store Purchase Departments, GWS&SB, APSIDC, Coffee Board, DGS&D, GSDA, Karnataka Agro, etc.
The company has not shared this information.
- 1973 – Commences commercial production of submersible pumps
- 1981 – Submersible pumps sales touch 5500 pumps per year
- 1984 – Reaches production of 7000 submersible pumps per year
- 1991 – Introduces Single Phase Centrifugal Pumps and Jet Pumps
- 1994 – Starts production of 4 inch submersible pumps
- 1994 – Starts production of three phase centrifugal pumps
- 1996 – Receives Grade “A” from MJP (Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran)
- 1996 – Receives ISI approval for single phase centrifugal pumps
- 1997 – Exports first consignment of open-well submersible pumps to Kenya
- 1998 – Receives the Best Industrial Unit Award for 1997–98 from Mira Bhayandar Small Scale Industries Association
- 1999 – Receives ISO 9001 accreditation from TUV, Germany
- 2000 – Introduces lightweight submersible pumps made from stainless steel introduced.
- 2001 – Starts manufacturing single phase open well submersible pumps
- 2002 – Shifts office to Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- 2002 – Reaches production target of 15,000 pumps per year
- 2004 – Receives ISO 9001:2000 Certification from TUV NORD, Germany
- 2008 – Starts exporting to Bangladesh and Nepal
- 2009 – Introduces vertical open well type submersible pump sets
- 2010 – Receives Star Rating for Energy Efficient pump sets for 150 models from the Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Ministry of Power, Government of India
- 2010 – Receives ISO: 9001–2008 accreditation from TUV NORD, Germany
- 2011 – Expands manufacturing infrastructure to 50,000 sq. ft.
- 2012 – Engages exclusive distributors in overseas markets
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
· Managing Director Mr. Bharat Patel
· Executive Director Mr. Akash Patel
Plot No. 407, Sarkhej-Bavla Highway